Free UK Delivery | Free Returns

Alex and his design team create all original Alex Monroe components by hand in sterling silver, allowing them to achieve our signature detail. When our jewellery goes into production, it is still hand-finished by skilled craftspeople in our London workshops, and Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.


As a brand inspired by nature we are committed to making sure our work has little impact on the environment and it’s people. We use recycled materials as much as possible including, gold, silver, paper and plastics.


Alex’s creations are not designed with high-fashion seasons in mind; our pieces are special, and made to last for decades to come.

Top Image credit:
@goochandgawler

Our Metals

Our main Alex Monroe collections are made in 925 sterling silver, which is often then plated with 22ct yellow or rose gold.  Our fine jewellery is made in 18ct solid gold.

Our material suppliers in the UK work with Cooksongold, part of the Heimerle + Meulle Group.  Heimerle + Meulle are a German company specialising in precious metals 60% of which are recycled and the other 40% are mined in the EU.

Heimerle + Meulle are approved by LMBA, the global authority on precious metals. As a business we are satisfied with our supply chain ethics, but will always continue to press for transparency wherever we can.

Top Image credit: @goochandgawler

Our Metals

Our main Alex Monroe collections are made in 925 sterling silver, which is often then plated with 22ct yellow or rose gold.  Our fine jewellery is made in 18ct solid gold.

Our material suppliers in the UK work with Cooksongold, part of the Heimerle + Meulle Group.  Heimerle + Meulle are a German company specialising in precious metals 60% of which are recycled and the other 40% are mined in the EU.

Heimerle + Meulle are approved by LMBA, the global authority on precious metals. As a business we are satisfied with our supply chain ethics, but will always continue to press for transparency wherever we can.

Diamonds

Our main supplier of white diamonds is Clark’s Diamonds, a UK based company whose stones all comply with the Kimberly Process.

A new addition to our diamond supply chain are The Diamond Foundry; a modern company producing man-made diamonds. We are interested in how lab-grown diamonds can lessen the human and environmental impact of the diamond industry, and are currently working on our first collaborative pieces with Diamond Foundry. Stay tuned for more information.

As part of our jewellery offering we also use naturally coloured Champagne Diamonds, which are ethically sourced from the Argyle Mine in Western Australia.

Diamonds

Our main supplier of white diamonds is Clark’s Diamonds, a UK based company whose stones all comply with the Kimberly Process.

A new addition to our diamond supply chain are The Diamond Foundry; a modern company producing man-made diamonds. We are interested in how lab-grown diamonds can lessen the human and environmental impact of the diamond industry.  We will introduce our first collaborative pieces with Diamond Foundry early in 2019.

Sapphires

Our sapphires are sourced from Wennick + Leferve. As suppliers of precious gemstones their main concern as a company is to ‘never trade gemstones that have in any way led to human misery.’ The stones are ethically mined in Madagascar, Tanzania, Mozambique and Sri Lanka.

Our People

People are at the heart of what we do. From our customers to our jewellers, we want to ensure a positive impact and experience from all who connect with us.

As a small business, having a dedicated sustainability expert on the team simply isn’t viable.  So instead we hire people at all levels that care about sustainability and will help thread that passion and awareness into everything that we do.

The majority of our team are keen cyclists, so much so that Southwark council installed extra cycle parking to accommodate us. Those of us who don’t cycle use London’s public transport.

Our People

People are at the heart of what we do. From our customers to our jewellers, we want to ensure a positive impact and experience from all who connect with us.

As a small business, having a dedicated sustainability expert on the team simply isn’t viable.  So instead we hire people at all levels that care about sustainability and will help thread that passion and awareness into everything that we do.

The majority of our team are keen cyclists, so much so that Southwark council installed extra cycle parking to accommodate us. Those of us who don’t cycle use London’s public transport.

Our Packaging

Our packaging partners are Wrapology, who have helped ensure our current delivery boxes and tissue are recyclable.

Elements of our gift-box sadly cannot be recycled, however, this is something that we will make a conscious and consistent effort to research and review. We are committed to finding the best type of packaging, with the lowest environmental impact, working towards it being completely recycled, and recyclable.

In the meantime, we hope that like our jewellery, you will keep our gift-boxes for years to come!

Our Aims

There are of course things that we can improve upon!  We are fully aware that global consumerism is an enemy of the environment, but we are always trying our best to work with nature, rather than against it.

Any questions or suggestions?

  • We hope to be free from virgin plastics by 2022 in line with the proposed policy by our partners Friends of the Earth. This is about to be pledged to government.
  • Frustratingly, we don’t know the exact source of many of our stones.  However we are working hard with our suppliers to retrieve this information.
  • We hope to have completely recyclable packing by 2021.
  • Please let us know if you think we can do more, or have suggestions for how we can better improve our environmental impact.