Summary of role
As a member of the Alex Monroe production team, work as Bench Jeweller producing orders with a meticulous eye for detail in a timely manner.As part of the team, you will be required to undertake all aspects of the role ensuring that finished pieces are produced to Alex Monroe’s high-quality control standards, working to tight deadlines and proactively contributing to the smooth running of the department.The ability to work in a busy team and pro-actively contribute is essential.
Responsibilities will include
- To report to the Head of Production daily and work through the orders set within the time frame according to specification and to a high quality.
- Seeing individual orders through all stages of making.
- Working mainly with silver.
- Opportunities to expand into working with fine gold.
- Cleaning up castings.
- Use of the puk welder.
- General bench work such as re-texturing, riveting, re-sizing rings, beading, wirework, assembly, polishing and quality control.
- Stone setting would be an advantage.
- Anticipate as early as possible any potential production issues and delays and report to the production managers.
- If required, provide production support to the Design department and Repairs department.
Skills & Experience
- Assisting with general Workshop upkeep on a daily basis and running the occasional errand.
- Willingness to take on responsibility for certain Workshop operations.
- Taking part in company events when help is required, eg PR and client events,
- 2-3 years of benchwork experience.
- Educated to degree level/relevant qualification in jewellery design/production.
- Demonstrable experience in producing jewellery in a commercial workshop environment.
- Responsible and well organised - the role-holder will need to keep track of their orders whilst they are at the platers or setters and ensure that all is completed on time.
- A meticulous eye for detail and working to specification as each piece of jewellery is hand finished in our London workshop.
- Reliable, responsible and organised with good time management is essential.
- Enthusiastic, positive with a creative approach and a passion for jewellery and the Alex Monroe brand.
- A self-starter who can work autonomously and use their own initiative, but also works well as part of a team when required.
- Team player who will go the extra mile to help a colleague.
If you have a genuine passion for our jewellery, experience of working in a production team and the skills to create beautiful jewellery we'd love to hear from you. Please upload your CV and covering letter here explaining what you can bring to the team by 9th April 2021. It is with regret that due to the high volume of applications we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.