Repairs and Reconditioning
Like most things that are much loved and often worn, there comes a time when it needs a little TLC. Our jewellery is no exception and we pride ourselves on being able to offer a full repair and re-conditioning service for all Alex Monroe jewellery at our London workshop, by a highly skilled team of craftswomen.
Some of our most common repair services include replating of our gold plated items, replacement of broken chains and replacing a lost single earring.
For any Alex Monroe 18ct Goldcrest or Bespoke piece, we suggest that your jewellery receives periodic professional maintenance. We can clean, polish and check any jewellery for damage such as accidentally knocked gemstones and loose settings.
If you have any repair related questions please contact us here or you can call us on 02073786061. Please note we are unable to confirm any possible charges over the telephone, as we require you send the item into us for assessment first.
Our repairs and reconditioning lead time is 4 - 6 weeks.
Repair Return Instructions
To return an item of Alex Monroe Jewellery, simply follow the instructions below.
- You can download and print our Repair Form from here, or you will have been sent one if you've been in email contact with our jewellery repair department.
- Please package your jewellery safely either in its original box or a sturdy packaging and return to the address below.
42 Tower Bridge Road
- For single earring replacements, please ensure you return the existing earring to us for a complimentary reconditioning.
- If you require a replacement chain, please ensure you enclose the pendant and chain (if applicable) in your package, so that we can attach it to your new chain.
- Make sure to include your completed repairs form. Failing to include the completed form will result in a delay in processing your repair.
- Return the item to us via a secure, trackable service. If you are in the UK, we recommend Royal Mail Special Delivery.
- Alex Monroe Ltd. does not accept any responsibility for return postage costs, nor for any items lost, stolen or damaged in transit. These responsiblities are those of the customer.
- When returning an item from overseas, please still make sure to follow the above steps.
- Alex Monroe Ltd. does not accept any responsibility for return postage costs, nor for any items lost, stolen or damaged in transit. These responsiblities are those of the customer. Therefore we strongly recommend using a secure and tracked service to return the goods to Alex Monroe.
- Please take care if a customs declaration form is required, to correctly mark the goods as a 'Returned Item'. This will ensure that no additional customs fees are incurred. In the instance that a item is incorrectly marked and a customs fee is incurred, this may be passed onto the customer. This may also delay the returns process.
- If you are at all uncertain about how to correctly fill in the customs form, then please speak with the relevant customs or post department before returning the item. Alternatively you can contact the customer service team at Alex Monroe for further assistance on +442073786061.
- Once your parcel is received, we will assess your jewellery and, if applicable, call you with a repair quote. Payment for chargeable repairs can be taken over the telephone. Chargeable repairs will only be processed once payment has been received.